Alfa Romeo Giulietta clutch issue

• I own a Giulietta 2.0 diesel 2013. I took it to the garage shop and they told me about a clutch issue they’ve had to fix with another 2.0 diesel Giulietta. They said that because of the dual clutch, the clutch responsible for gears 1,3 and 6 burnt out. They said there’s not much they can do and said it’s just a poor design on Alfa. Has anyone had similar issues? I should also state, that they said this issue wasn’t prevalent with the 1.4L unleaded model because it didn’t have the dual clutch.

• In general, the dual-clutch transmission, TCT, is a good and fast-working system and its also confortable than the DSG, EDC, but it has weak points like all other systems.

For example, if you are driving in a heavy traffic (maybe in rush hour) and move the car often for few inches/cm, it can overheat after a while and the clutch could wear out the faster than normal. In such traffic conditions, it sould better to take the transmission into the manual mode and move the car for minimum one car length. This will help to minimize the overheating system and the wearing of the clutch.

The same dual-clutch transmission are also available for the 1,4 L Multiair engine modells, but I think, caused of the less torque against the diesel engine, the wearing are lower. I can't give you an exact info about this, cause of I was never driving the Giulietta 2.0 diesel.

Important thing; You NEED also UPDATE the TCT-Software. Your service has to update the software with the new version for your Giulietta. Its important to use the RIGHT version for your Giulietta 2,0 Diesel. There are for every modell and modell-year different software versions. The new software reduces the idle speed and this helps to save the wearing at the first move and in the driving during the rush hours.

For your other questions my collegues would answer you.

Serkan Çıkış

IIIII IIIII IIIII

• thankyou so much!!